2.5.05

Libertines Reunion In The Works?

You who have heard some of my little adventures will give me credit for being quick in my decisions, and prompt in carrying them out. But when it comes to a Libertines reunion, I must confess that I am of two minds. On the one hand, there is the chance of the band recapturing the spirit of Albion and recording a new masterpiece worthy of their first two albums. On the other hand, there is the chance of the band polluting their own legend and spoiling what at this point is an unblemished career. In any event, we are but spectators, and can only wait to see what unfolds.

However, following the brief meeting of Pete Doherty and Carl Barat last week, it appears that a full-blown reunion may be imminent. Former manager Alan McGee has just announced that he is looking to bring Pete and Carl back together to reform the Libertines. According to McGee: "I think they want to work with each other again so it's just about getting them in sync, getting Peter to accept Carl and Carl to accept Peter and have them vaguely on the same playing field." McGee, of course, is less concerned with the artistic significance of the band's reunion, focusing more on the financial implications: "If we can reform The Libertines, if we can get Peter back with Carl and everybody can be in the same space firing off the same shotgun, we'll sell three million records."

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi :)

You have a great blog! I'll make sure to visit regularly. Keep blogging!

I have a website on Website Traffic which you might be interested in. Please check it out if you get some time :)

9/1/06 22:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi :)

Cool blog! I've bookmarked it and will make sure to visit regularly.

By the way, I've just completed a resource on how to make amazing cash online, if you wanna check it out for free, check this: Affiliate Money Machine

15/1/06 05:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I love your blog! Awesome! By the way, if you're ever looking for Business Mailing Lists, be sure to check out my site!

17/1/06 16:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! Your blog is awesome! I always look forward to your inspiring posts. By the way, did you know that recently the 7 dirty secrets eBay doesn't want you to know, was leaked? Check it out! eBay Secrets

19/1/06 20:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christmas is just around the corner. No time to go to the mall...then do your shopping online. We sell everything that the mall sells. Shop today!

21/1/06 12:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I love your blog; keep the posts coming! P.S. Check my site out if you get some time; it's at Cat Health Information

22/1/06 16:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi :)

Your blog is absolutely awesome! I love it! By the way, if you get some time, please check my site out; Karate and Martial Arts Tournaments

22/1/06 21:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there. Keep your awesome blog posts coming. If you get some time, please check out my Free Recipes and Free Cookbooks.

23/1/06 16:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! Lovely blog! Oh, by the way, if you ever get some time, please check out my absolutely awesome site at:

24/1/06 02:43  
Anonymous Organic Dog Treats said...

Wow! Very interesting and inspiring! You might like this; check it out: Organic Dog Treats

24/1/06 18:49  
Anonymous mlm said...

Hello there...

Awesome stuff; but do you know about mlm?

24/1/06 22:13  
Anonymous content said...

Hey, what's up? Have you checked out my sites? They are: Content and Article Submission Human Resources Careers and Certification Military Aircraft and Careers and finally MP3 Players. I'd love your feedback!

25/1/06 15:41  
Anonymous goal setting techniques said...

Ya, that is so cool! But I bet you don't know about goal setting techniques!

25/1/06 19:44  
Anonymous seo said...

Hi there :)

I just came accross a new seo tool, SEO Elite and I thought that you might want to check it out. It's awesome and has worked very well for me.

15/2/06 09:12  
Anonymous keyword research said...

Hey! Some really good tips on SEO and Keyword Research on this blog. I just reviewed the best keyword research tools on the net and I though you might like to read my reviews; you can check them out at keyword research tools reviewed.

16/2/06 17:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home