19.4.05

Young Mod Songs Of The Century (So Far)

I am an excellent soldier. I do not say this because I am prejudiced in my own favour, but because I really am so. For example, I can weigh every song released in this new century, and decide with as much certainty which is the best in that short time as though I had brooded for a hundred years. Thus, without any further delay, my friends, I present to you the young mod songs of the century (so far):

1. Am I Wry? No - Mew
2. Such Great Heights - Postal Service
3. Into U - Richard X (w/ Jarvis Cocker)
4. Don't Look Back Into the Sun - Libertines
5. You Are the Generation That Bought More Shoes and You Get What You Deserve - Johnny Boy
6. Lover I Don't Have to Love - Bright Eyes
7. True Love Waits (live) - Radiohead
8. Svefn-g-englar - Sigur Ros
9. You Were Right - Badly Drawn Boy
10. Dry Your Eyes - The Streets
11. Do You Realize?? - Flaming Lips
12. Yellow - Coldplay
13. Powder Blue - Elbow
14. Sometimes - Ash
15. Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
16. Wrapped Up in Books - Belle & Sebastian
17. Portions for Foxes - Rilo Kiley
18. I'm Not Down - Thea Gilmore
19. Bermuda Highway - My Morning Jacket
20. I Was Meant for the Stage - The Decemberists
21. Run - Snow Patrol
22. Where Have All the Rude Boys Gone? - Ted Leo & the Pharmacists
23. Bohemian Like You - Dandy Warhols
24. Inside of Love - Nada Surf
25. Ode To L.A. - The Raveonettes
26. Hear Me Out - Ben Kweller
27. Killamangiro - Babyshambles
28. New Slang - The Shins
29. Stop Crying Your Heart Out - Oasis
30. Hounds of Love - Futureheads
31. Each Coming Night - Iron and Wine
32. Coming in From the Cold - Delgados
33. Here Comes the Summer - Fiery Furnaces
34. Lost in the Plot - The Dears
35. Stone By Stone - Catatonia
36. Science of Silence - Richard Ashcroft
37. Heartbeat - Annie
38. Nearer Than Heaven - Delays
39. A Lovely Day Tomorrow - British Sea Power
40. Caught By the River - Doves
41. Lost Cause - Beck
42. Catherine's Wheel (acoustic) - Rialto
43. Sharon & Hope - Stina Nordenstam
44. Mr. Brightside - The Killers
45. Metarie - Brendan Benson
46. Seven Nation Army - White Stripes
47. At the Hop - Devendra Banhart
48. Heavy Lifting - Ambulance Ltd
49. Dreaming of You - Coral
50. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - Cat Power

(Please note that in order to accomodate as many artists as possible, I have limited myself to one song per artist.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home